Friday, March 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Protein Bars

Every since I saw this recipe on PB Fingers, I have been dying to make them! They looked easy enough and somewhat healthy so I had to give them a try. They ended up not taking too long but the honey and pb created a bit of a sticky situation.

Sometimes I get ahead of myself when doing things when I really should READ AHEAD! I was in a fight with the sticky pb mess while trying to measure out everything else.. just a tip to measure everything out ahead of time so you just have to add and go!


They are seriously amazing. Just enough sweet and crunch and not too bad for you! Give these guys a try!


In the Pan 

Close Up

Directions:

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 c. honey
  • 1/3 c. dark brown sugar
  • 1 c. creamy peanut butter
  • ½ c. crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 5 c. bran flakes (Raisin Bran works really well!)
  • 1/3 c. ground flaxseeds (optional)
  • 1 c. chopped Craisins

Directions:

  • Put honey in a large pot on medium heat. Add sugar and stir until melted and mixture begins to bubble. Add cinnamon and stir until dissolved.
  • Stir peanut butter into the honey mixture until smooth.
  • Remove from heat and stir in bran flakes, flax and Craisins.
  • Press firmly into an 8X8 pan lined with foil that overlays ends. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment