Monday, March 7, 2011

No More Chocolate!

This past weekend I was in Bakersfield with Kevin's family celebrating his birthday. It was a lazy relaxing weekend, which is JUST what I needed. We laid by the pool, went to the show and just spent time together. We enjoyed a nice home cooked meal before we hit the road yesterday that consisted of potatoes, chix, garlic bread, and beans. Protein packed meal! While we were sitting at the din table, the discussion of Lent came up. Guess what I decided to give up.. (drum roll please).... CHOCOLATE. How sad is that?? I don't know if I will survive but I have faith in myself. I called my mom this morning and insisted she give up the same, I need a buddy, duh! So since I only have 1 more day until I'm choc-free for over a month, I'm trying to eat as much chocolate today as possibly, kidding ;) And I wanted to share with you guys this delicious recipe for "flourless" chocolate oatmeal cookies.. yummm :) 


before
after :) 
Recipe:
Bowl 1:
1 cup rolled oats (preferably not instant)
1/2 cup of sugar or splenda(healthier) 
4 T cocoa powder
pinch of salt 

Bowl 2: 
2 egg white 
1.5 tsp vanilla
1/4 c olive oil 

Whisk bowl 2, add to bowl 1 and mix. Place 12 little round cookies on parchment lined baking sheet and flatten to .5 inch with a fork. Bake on 350 for 12 mins and Enjoy!! Recipe thanks to Kalyn's Kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment